The Chinese Zodiac is just as important as the Western Zodiac especially when it comes to dating and relationships. The main difference is that animals mark the changing years while various symbols mark the changing months. The animals are regarded as very important symbols and references when it comes to love and marriage in the lives of Chinese people. For those born in the Year of the Monkey, there are many common traits and attitudes when love is involved. They possess active and optimistic personalities that enhance their appeal. Typically, Monkeys are most compatible with those who are born in the Year of the Rabbit or Year of the Ox. On the other hand, they are not compatible at all with Pig or Tiger signs.
Male Monkeys in Love
When a Monkey male falls in love, he is considerate, romantic, gentle and responsible with his chosen mate. They are usually quite popular with the opposite sex because they are so very charming. In fact, to the male Monkeys, love relationships are of the utmost importance in their lives. As far as they are concerned, finding their soul mates is akin to discovering buried treasure. If a Monkey male loves you, he will give up his job, status, money and anything else that is necessary just for you. As long as they have you and the relationship; that is their main focus.
When someone falls in love with a male Monkey, this mate will be very satisfied with the brave and crazy actions of the Monkey. These relationships are usually long and sweet and can even promote the perfect marriage. Romantic relationships with Monkeys offers understanding and respect for each other. Should any quarrel or conflict arise, they are calmly and respectfully resolved. Therefore, no matter what else might be happening between them, there is always light-hearted love. On the other hand, Monkeys can feel insecure and worry about the future at times. This causes them to regularly ask their partners to stay with them.
Once married, Monkey males generally remain loyal. Born with the innate ability to solve problems, they can easily handle trivial matters in the marriage. In short, Monkey males make the perfect boyfriend and husband.
Female Monkeys in Love
A female Monkey in love shows shyness, tenderness, honesty and kindheartedness. They tend to be rather withdrawn regarding the expression of their affections. They are not comfortable showing their feelings in an open manner. The reason for their conservative nature regarding relationships and marriage is because they feel the relationship is not secure if other people know how they truly feel. Once a man begins to tell a Monkey female his feelings for her, she begins to back away. In doing this, they miss a lot of chances to meet the right man for them.
Once a female Monkey falls in love, they are usually gentle and understanding toward their partner. They are also quick to forgive offenses committed by those partners and give them a second chance. In addition, they love to hear praise and admiration from their partners as well as others. Being appreciated means a great deal to them.
At times, the female Monkey can be slightly stubborn. When that happens, they will ignore all suggestions. These are the times when lovers must be patient and lenient in order to calm them down quickly.
Love Compatibility With a Monkey
The Chinese Zodiac offers a detailed analysis that shows the best compatible matches for Monkeys. These are the Ox, Rabbit and Dragon. This means that a Monkey will have a happy and harmonious life with people possessing these signs. On the other hand, Monkeys should avoid relationships with Tigers, Snakes and Pigs because these promise to make bad matches.
To break it down a little more, the best matches for Monkey men are:
- Ox: These signs offer a sedate and practical feeling and this combination can be amazing.
- Dogs: These women provide a sense of security to male Monkeys along with understanding and respect.
- Dragons: Both Monkeys and Dragons have common goals and are ambitious. This will be a sweet and stable marriage.
- Sheep: These are gentle and lovely women. They have the ability to boost the Monkey’s career while also managing family matters successfully.
Bad Matches for Monkey Males:
- Tigers: These two signs carry too many of the same negative traits for a successful coupling.
- Pigs: There is little understanding of each other between them and make for a difficult relationship.
- Snakes: They expect each other to be perfect, which is impossible.
There are also both good and bad matches for Monkey ladies. The best matches are:
- Rats: Their optimistic attitude towards life as well as patience with each other make them a perfect combination.
- Rabbits: The many commonalities of these two signs make for a loving and fun-filled marriage.
- Dragons: As Dragons love to be romantic, the Monkey women will respond quite positively. They will make a happy and cozy home.
The worst matches for Monkey women are:
- Tigers: There are too many different opinions here for the communication to work.
- Pigs: These two signs are both independent and seem as if they don’t live in the same world.
Now that you are armed with this vital information, your dating in the Year of the Monkey should be much more successful.